Since 1915, Pinnacol Assurance has done only one thing — provide workers' compensation insurance in Colorado. That singular focus distinguishes us from our competitors and makes Pinnacol the preferred workers' compensation carrier for nearly 55,000 Colorado businesses. Download the full Fact Sheet.
- Operates as a mutual insurance company for the benefit of its policyholders
- Is a stabilizing force in Colorado's workers' comp market because of our commitment to responsible rate pricing practices
- Has an experienced staff of underwriters, safety consultants, claims representatives, medical operations specialists, and return-to-work specialists to help policyholders protect their employees
- Focuses on the people aspect of business and provides a personal style of service that distinguishes us in the marketplace
- Serves as the assured source of coverage for businesses that, due to their size or accident history, are unable to obtain coverage from private carriers
|Locations:||Denver and Grand Junction|
|Governance:||A nine-member board of directors appointed by the governor|
|Interim CEO:||John Plotkin|
|Earned Premium:||$393 million in 2012|
|Dividends:||Pinnacol issued $37.5 million in May 2012, bringing the eight-year total to $472.75 million.|
|Lives Covered:||864,000 Colorado workers — 59 percent of the state's workforce are covered by Pinnacol|
To provide assured protection to Colorado employers and their greatest asset — their employees.
Pinnacol offers its policyholders:
- Comprehensive workers' comp services, which include comprehensive safety training, creative return-to-work programs, cost containment certification assistance, and fraud prevention services.
- Personalized service, delivered with respect and compassion.
- Dividends, which give policyholders who maintain safe workplaces the opportunity to share in Pinnacol's financial strength. In 2012, we issued our eighth consecutive dividend, bringing the total we have returned to our policyholders to $472 million.
As a result, our customer-satisfaction levels are at an all-time high and well above industry norms:
- Average customer-satisfaction score was 8.76 out of 10 points on our 2012 policyholder survey
- In 2012, we retained nearly 92 percent of our premium
- The company's most recent injured worker satisfaction score was 3.9 on a 5-point scale
Pinnacol believes in giving back to the Colorado communities that support us:
- The Pinnacol Foundation awards college scholarships to the children of Colorado workers injured or killed on the job — regardless of which insurer handled the parent's claim. Nearly $3 million has been awarded to children of injured workers since 2000.
- Pinnacol in Action is an employee-run volunteer program that supports twelve Colorado non-profits. In 2012, 93 percent of Pinnacol employees spent time volunteering in the community.
- The Employee Giving Program allows employees to financially support the Mile High United Way. Pinnacol provides a 100-percent match, doubling the impact of each employee's donation. Nearly 82,000 was raised for local charities in 2012.
Honors and Recognition
Pinnacol is proud of the various local and national awards we've received over the years:
"Best Place to Work" Awards
Pinnacol has been recognized as one of the best places to work in Colorado and the country 18 times since 2004, including:
- Great Place to Work® Institute and Society for Human Resource Management
- ColoradoBiz magazine
- The Denver Business Journal
Community Service Awards
- Points of Light Institute
- National Sports Center for the Disabled
- Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Denver Directors of Volunteers in Agencies
"Company of the Year" Awards:
- Aurora Chamber of Commerce
- Hispanic Contractors of Colorado
- Colorado Chapter of the Chartered Property Casualty Underwriters Association
"Customer Service" Awards:
- Winner of a Gold Star Certificate from BBB Denver/Boulder, 2009
- Apply for Insurance »
- Report an Injury »
- View Invoices »
- Pay Your Bill »
- Manage SelectNet Providers »
- Request Certificate of Insurance »
- Enter Wages or RTW Information »
- Complete Your Audit Report »
- Complete Your Payroll Report »
- Manage OSHA Recordkeeping »
- View General Dividend Information »
- Report Fraud »