Since 1915, Pinnacol Assurance has done only one thing — provide workers' compensation insurance in Colorado. That singular focus distinguishes us from our competitors and makes Pinnacol the preferred workers' compensation carrier for nearly 55,000 Colorado businesses.
- Operates as a mutual insurance company for the benefit of its policyholders
- Is a stabilizing force in Colorado's workers' comp market because of our commitment to responsible rate pricing practices
- Has an experienced staff of underwriters, safety consultants, claims representatives, medical operations specialists, and return-to-work specialists to help policyholders protect their employees
- Focuses on the people aspect of business and provides a personal style of service that distinguishes us in the marketplace
- Serves as the assured source of coverage for businesses that, due to their size or accident history, are unable to obtain coverage from private carriers
|Locations:||Denver and Grand Junction|
|Governance:||A nine-member board of directors appointed by the governor|
|President and CEO:||Phil Kalin|
|Earned Premium:||$479 million in 2013|
|Lives Covered:||880,000 Colorado workers|
To provide assured protection to Colorado employers and their greatest asset — their employees.
Pinnacol offers its policyholders:
- Comprehensive workers' comp services, which include comprehensive safety training, creative return-to-work programs, cost containment certification assistance, and fraud prevention services.
- Personalized service, delivered with respect and compassion.
As a result, our customer-satisfaction levels are at an all-time high and well above industry norms:
- Average customer-satisfaction score was 8.77 out of 10 points on our 2013 policyholder survey
- In 2013, we retained more than 92 percent of our premium
- The company's most recent injured worker satisfaction score was 3.9 on a 5-point scale
Pinnacol believes in giving back to the Colorado communities that support us:
- The Pinnacol Foundation awards college scholarships to the children of Colorado workers injured or killed on the job — regardless of which insurer handled the parent's claim. Nearly $3 million has been awarded to children of injured workers since 2000.
- Pinnacol in Action is an employee-run volunteer program that supports twelve Colorado non-profits. In 2013, 85 percent of Pinnacol employees spent time volunteering in the community.
- The Employee Giving Program allows employees to financially support the Pinnacol Foundation and the Mile High United Way. Pinnacol provides a 100-percent match, doubling the impact of each employee's donation. More than $83,000 was raised for local charities in 2013.
Honors and Recognition
Pinnacol is proud of the various local and national awards we've received over the years:
"Best Place to Work" Awards
Pinnacol has been recognized as one of the best places to work in Colorado and the country 18 times since 2004, including:
- Great Place to Work® Institute and Society for Human Resource Management
- ColoradoBiz magazine
- The Denver Business Journal
Community Service Awards
- Points of Light Institute
- National Sports Center for the Disabled
- Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Denver Directors of Volunteers in Agencies
"Company of the Year" Awards:
- Aurora Chamber of Commerce
- Hispanic Contractors of Colorado
- Colorado Chapter of the Chartered Property Casualty Underwriters Association
- Apply for Insurance »
- Report an Injury »
- View Invoices »
- Pay Your Bill »
- Manage SelectNet Providers »
- Request Certificate of Insurance »
- Enter Wages or RTW Information »
- Complete Your Audit Report »
- Complete Your Payroll Report »
- Manage OSHA Recordkeeping »
- View General Dividend Information »
- Report Fraud »