Our Health and Wellness Strategy
Pinnacol has always managed risk in the workplace; now we are looking to manage the risk employees bring to the workplace.
Pinnacol’s emphasis on health and wellness is an extension of our core business model. One way we can help our policyholders minimize the frequency and cost of workplace injuries is by helping keep their employees healthy.
We’re considering a strategy to coordinate wellness and chronic disease management efforts with medical providers and community programs to minimize risk and costs, reduce duplication of services and help injured workers get back to work safely.
As part of this new strategy, we’ll continue to offer our worksite wellness program, which helps employees reduce specific health risk factors and make healthier lifestyle choices.
- Employees gain access to an annual health assessment and online health tools.
- Employers receive reporting on workforce participation levels and health trends, as well as recommendations on improving their employees’ health status and assistance in setting up worksite programs.
Over the years, our worksite wellness program has been studied by researchers at the Colorado School of Public Health and was featured in the January 2015 and May 2014 issues of the Journal of Occupational and Environmental Medicine. Key findings include:
- 97 percent of participating policyholders reported that worksite wellness programs improve worker safety.
- Worksite wellness programs can improve the health of participants and increase productivity in as little as one year.
- For every $1 invested in our worksite wellness program, there is a medical and productivity savings of $2.03.
If you would like more information about our health and wellness strategy, please contact Karyn Gonzales at 303.361.4890.
If you would like more information about our worksite wellness program,please contact Karen Curran at 303.361.4784.
- Apply for Insurance »
- Report an Injury »
- View Invoices »
- Pay Your Bill »
- Manage SelectNet Providers »
- Request Certificate of Insurance »
- Enter Wages or RTW Information »
- Complete Your Audit Report »
- Complete Your Payroll Report »
- Manage OSHA Recordkeeping »
- View General Dividend Information »
- Report Fraud »