Pinnacol’s Other States Coverage (OSC) program has increased 70% in the past three years. Based on your feedback, we’ve made changes for even greater growth. (Watch Allison Piehl, Pinnacol’s Underwriting Programs and Products Director, tell you more about these changes.) With your input, we’ve made OSC easier than ever to sell and service. We’re so excited about these enhancements we’re asking you to let us look at all your OSC business.
You told us. We listened.
You said your Pinnacol OSC pain points were that:
- OSC wasn’t a true all-states policy.
- The renewal process was clunky.
- OSC documents weren’t on the Agent Portal.
- We were closed to certain risks, such as contractors.
- We only wrote OSC for customers headquartered or domiciled in Colorado.
- Backdating coverage was confusing.
Now our new OSC program includes:
- An underwriting philosophy that allows for all-states coverage on OSC policies.
- A smooth and automatic renewal process — we no longer require a bind request.
- OSC policy packets on the Agent and Policyholder portals.
- Expanded class eligibility, which includes contractors.
- Options for businesses, even when most of their risk is not in Colorado.
- Clear guidance on when we will and won’t backdate.
Check out all our OSC tools and resources on the Agent Portal, including:
- OSC Instruction Guide for Agents.
- Backdating Other States Coverage Policies.
- Your Pinnacol OSC team contact information.
Experts ready to help –– We want to make it as easy as possible for you to write OSC business with us. Reach out to your agency relationship manager to get connected to your agency’s Pinnacol OSC team today.
All-states coverage –– OSC policies will now be honored as all-states policies, keeping your customers protected as they expand. For rules regarding adding new states to an OSC policy, contact your assigned underwriter.
If you like doing business with Pinnacol for Colorado policies, you’ll love our new OSC underwriting experience. Let us prove it to you — if you have a customer that needs workers’ comp coverage in another state or that might be expanding their business soon, we want the opportunity to quote their business. Please reach out to your Pinnacol underwriter today if you have questions or would like more information on writing OSC policies.