Even though we might be seeing signs of spring, this time of year can bring the most snow in Colorado. Slips, trips and falls are the most common cause of workplace injuries, so make sure you are protecting your employees (and yourself) from potential harm. Here are some tips for getting around in tricky conditions:
- Wear boots or shoes with good tread that provide traction.
- Be alert on stairs and ramps. Always use handrails.
- Take small steps – walk like a penguin!
- Take your time, take cleared paths and avoid distractions.
- Use three points of contact when entering and exiting vehicles – use two hands and one foot, or two feet and one hand.
Check out our Slips, Trips and Falls resources for downloads and other safety information. We also have plenty of other resources …and they're just a click away.