Office Ergonomics — Train the Evaluator
Did you know that musculoskeletal injuries lead to some of the most common workers’ compensation claims? You can prevent these injuries by learning the basics of office ergonomics. This course will teach you how to evaluate employee workstations to improve posture, reduce repetitive motions and increase efficiency. Upon completion, you’ll be able to conduct a basic office ergonomics evaluation, identify risk factors for injury and make necessary workstation modifications to reduce the potential for injury. Topics include:
- Risk factors for musculoskeletal injury (strains, sprains, low back pain, carpal tunnel syndrome and more).
- Proper adjustments of chairs, furniture and workstations.
- Identification of an ergonomic task chair and ways to find the best resources for ergonomic accessories.
- Sit-stand workstation requests, how to choose a system and key considerations to address before purchase.
- Employee self-assessment and training using the Pinnacol Assurance Office Ergonomics interactive video.