Office Ergonomics — Train the Evaluator
Did you know that musculoskeletal injuries are some of the most common workers’ compensation claims? You can prevent these injuries by learning the basics of office ergonomics.
This course will teach you how to evaluate employee workstations to improve posture, reduce repetitive motions and increase efficiency. Upon completion, you will be able to conduct a basic office ergonomics evaluation, identify risk factors for injury and make necessary workstation modifications that reduce injury potential.
- Risk factors for musculoskeletal injury (Strains, sprains, low back pain, capral tunnel syndrome, and more)
- Proper adjustments to chairs, furniture and workstations
- Identification of an “ergonomic” task chair and finding the best resources for ergonomic accessories
- Sit-stand workstation requests, how to choose a system and key considerations to make before purchase
- Employee self-assessment and training using the Pinnacol Assurance Office Ergonomics Interactive Video