Industrial and office ergonomic evaluations can be completed as a preventative measure, or in response to an injured worker's claim. Industrial evaluations can be conducted in a variety of industries that range from manufacturing to construction to healthcare. Evaluations will assess risk factors such as:
- Heavy/repetitive lifting and manual handling
- Repetitive use of hand tools
- Awkward body postures at workstations
- Patient/resident handling
An online self-assessment tool is the best place to start evaluating your office ergonomics. Pinnacol employees to perform a self-assessment of their chair and workstation with easy to follow video instructions and tips. The training program also has modules on:
- How to identify and correct workstation components or activities that might be causing discomfort
- How to establish an ergonomic program at your workplace
- Guidelines on chair purchases, laptop tips and FAQ documents with links to vendors for chairs, furniture and computer accessories
On-site office evaluations may also be conducted when an employee has an open claim for a musculoskeletal disorder, or for an employee that is still having discomfort after completing the Pinnacol online self-assessment tool.
To schedule an appointment, email Safety On Call at email@example.com.
- Office Ergonomics DVD
- Office ergonomics informational materials
- Claims Management folder