Pinnacol provides resources and a plan of action for employers and their employees who are faced with workplace injuries. Our Return to Work consulting specialists and consultants are available to help you with the following:
- Developing a written modified duty policy
- Conducting on-site visits to create preplanned modified duty tasks
- Completing formal modified duty job offers
- Providing training to your staff to ensure they understand the benefits of modified duty work
In addition, Pinnacol's team includes occupational therapists who can conduct on-site ergonomic evaluations for your employees to decrease musculoskeletal injuries. Ergonomic evaluations are completed as a preventive measure or in response to an injury to reduce the risk of musculoskeletal illnesses or injuries, and can be requested by the policyholder, treating provider or claims adjuster.
Ergonomic evaluations look at:
- The design of the work environment
- Processes, tools and equipment
- Risk factor identification and recommendations for reducing risk factors
Ergonomic evaluations will include evaluating and adjusting:
- Work surface height and layout
- Chair positioning
- Keyboard and/or mouse type and positioning
- Placement of equipment at the work station
To schedule an appointment with a Return to Work consulting specialist, please call (303) 361-4000.