Circle of Safety 2015
Thirty-Nine Colorado Organizations Earn Pinnacol’s 2015 Circle of Safety Award
Winners Meet High Bar for Workplace Safety and Risk Management
DENVER, Nov. 16, 2015 – Pinnacol Assurance, Colorado’s leading workers’ compensation insurer, is honoring 39 policyholders with Pinnacol’s Circle of Safety Award for their exemplary performance in safety, loss control, and financial and claims management.
“These organizations represent the diverse industries that drive Colorado’s economy, including construction, healthcare, oil and gas, manufacturing and agriculture,” said Phil Kalin, Pinnacol’s president and CEO. “Urban and rural, large and small, they have demonstrated that a commitment to safety and sound risk management practices helps to keep Colorado workers safe, productive and healthy wherever their jobsite might be.”
For eight years, Pinnacol’s Circle of Safety Award has recognized that exceptional risk management is the result of a circle of many people working together. From top management and frontline employees to Pinnacol representatives and the policyholders’ agents, everyone plays a role in making Colorado workplaces safer. These Circle of Safety winners embrace risk management and get their employees home safe every day.
Pinnacol policyholders were eligible to receive the Circle of Safety Award if they met the following criteria:
- Pinnacol policyholder for at least four years
- 85 or less Experience Modification Rating each policy period – This number indicates how an employer’s claims costs compare to other employers in the same industry.
- Combined four-year loss ratio of 25 percent or less – The ratio of claims paid by Pinnacol to the premium paid by the employer.
- 80 percent or more of all claims reported within 48 hours (combined four-year history)
- Designated providers each year – Colorado employers are required to designate four medical providers for their employees to choose from when injured.
- Two or fewer notices of cancellation each year – When employers pay their bill late or not at all, they and their employees can be at risk.
- No non-compliant audits – When employers do not complete their audit correctly or at all, they are at risk of paying too much or too little for their workers’ compensation coverage.
- Must currently hold the State of Colorado’s Cost Containment Certification
- No fatalities
- Pinnacol-approved return-to-work program – These programs help get employees back to work as safely and quickly as possible.
Finally, through our partnership with Aetna, we will be able to coordinate care for injured employees, creating a “warm handoff” between our team and the employee’s other providers. For example, after an injury occurs, and with the employee’s permission, a nurse care manager at Pinnacol can request the Aetna nurse care manager’s notes, helping coordinate the patient’s care and ensure they get the right treatment and services. Following recovery, Pinnacol will contact Aetna to smoothly transition the employee’s care to his or her primary physician. We anticipate future, similar partnerships with other health plans and provider groups that will improve transitions between care settings.
Circle of Safety 2015 Award Winners
Alpha Center*, Fort Collins
Bales Custom Gardening Services*, Denver
Colling Insurance Services, Inc.*, Lakewood
Colorado Insurance Professionals*, Aurora
Colorado Livestock Association*, Greeley
Cottonwood Management Co LLC, Greeley
DEN-Col Steel, Inc.*, Denver
Desktop Consulting, Inc.*, Glenwood Springs
Diversified Commercial Insurers*, Aurora
D.M. Neuman Construction Co.*, Glenwood Springs
Electrical Outfitters, Inc.*, Glenwood Springs
Full Circle of Lake County, Leadville
High Country Fence, Rye
Holly Heights Nursing Center*, Denver
Human Resources Plus, Incorporated*, Denver
La Junta Rural Fire Protection District, La Junta
Log Hill Mesa Fire Protection District*, Montrose
McClary Farms, Inc.*, Sedgwick
Mech One, Inc.*, Colorado Springs
Network Insurance Services, LLC, Greenwood Village
Old Western Paint Co., Inc., Denver
Oliver Manufacturing Company, La Junta
Peak Petroleum Testing Services, Inc.*, Denver
Pikes Peak Steel, LLC*, Colorado Springs
Piper Communication Services, Inc.*, Arvada
Premier Fire Protection, Inc.*, Loveland
Ranch-Way Feeds*, Fort Collins
Regional Home Visitation Program*, Yuma
Rich & Cartmill Insurance of Colorado, LLC*, Greeley
Rocky Mountain CFC Equipment Service, Inc.*, Denver
Save Our Youth*, Denver
Scudder Press, Inc.*, Thornton
SME Environmental, Inc., Durango
The Egg & I Restaurants, Fort Collins
The Landscape Workshop, Inc.*, Carbondale
The Wray Rehabilitation & Activities Center, Inc., Wray
Twin Lakes Landscape Management, Inc.*, Henderson
Westover Corporation*, Denver
Y-W Electric Association, Inc.*, Akron
* Multiple Year Winners
Pinnacol Assurance is Colorado’s leading provider of workers’ compensation insurance. Pinnacol provides comprehensive, competitively priced coverage; immediate attention to claims; a highly qualified network of medical providers; and proactive safety programs to over 56,000 Colorado businesses. Annually, Pinnacol supports $364 million of Colorado’s economic activity, spends over 35,000 hours keeping Colorado worksites safe and provides compassionate care to over 40,000 Coloradans who were injured on the job. For more information, visit www.pinnacol.com.