Fifty-Five Colorado Organizations Earn Pinnacol’s Circle of Safety Award
Winners meet high bar for workplace safety and risk management
DENVER, Oct. 26, 2016 – Pinnacol Assurance, Colorado’s leading workers’ compensation insurer, is honoring 55 policyholders with its Circle of Safety Award for their exemplary performance in safety, loss control, and financial and claims management.
"This year’s Circle of Safety winners are setting the standard in protecting their employees on the job, no matter what kind of hazards they face," said Phil Kalin, Pinnacol’s president and CEO. "They’re an example of how to do it right, which keeps their employees safe and their businesses strong."
For nine years, Pinnacol’s Circle of Safety Award has recognized that exceptional risk management is the result of a circle of many people working together. From top management and frontline employees to Pinnacol representatives and the policyholders’ agents, everyone plays a role in making Colorado workplaces safer. These Circle of Safety winners embrace risk management and get their employees home safe every day.
Pinnacol policyholders were eligible to receive the Circle of Safety Award if they met the following criteria:
- Pinnacol policyholder for more than four consecutive years
- Must have an Experience Modification Rating (e-mod) – This number indicates how an employer’s claims costs compare to other employers in the same industry.
- E-mod must be .85 or less in the current policy period
- Combined four-year loss ratio of less than or equal to 25 percent – The ratio of claims paid by Pinnacol to the premium paid by the employer.
- 80 percent or more of all claims reported within 48 hours (combined four-year history)
- Two or fewer notices of cancellation each year – When employers pay their bill late or not at all, they and their employees can be at risk.
- No non-compliant audits – When employers do not complete their audit correctly or at all, they are at risk of paying too much or too little for their workers’ compensation coverage.
- Must currently hold the State of Colorado’s Cost Containment Certification
- No fatalities
- Pinnacol-approved return-to-work program – These programs help get employees back to work as safely and quickly as possible.
Circle of Safety 2016 Award Winners
ACA Products, Buena Vista
Accent Electrical Services, Broomfield
Adcon Signs, Fort Collins
Alert Traffic Control, Inc., Bayfield
Alpha Center*, Fort Collins
GO Alpine, Steamboat Springs
Bamford Farms, Haxtun
Basalt & Rural Fire Protection District, Carbondale
Bolton Construction, LLC, Meeker
Coblaco Services, Inc., Henderson
Colling Insurance Services, Inc.*, Lakewood
Colorado Crude Carriers, Inc., Greeley
Colorado Livestock Association*, Greeley
Curbside Recycling Indefinitely, Inc., Grand Junction
Dam Brewing Company, Dillon
DEN-Col Steel, Inc.*, Denver
Desktop Consulting Inc.*, Glenwood Springs
Diversified Commercial Insurers*, Aurora
Double M Concrete LLC, Woodland Park
Energy Resource Center, Colorado Springs
Forestry Specialists Inc., Durango
Foss Industries, Inc., Colorado Springs
Fox Construction, Inc., Steamboat Springs
Frederick-Firestone Fire Protection District, Frederick
Front Range Lumber Company, Lakewood
HLCC Construction Company*, Steamboat Springs
Home Care of the Grand Valley, Grand Junction
HRL Compliance Solutions, Inc., Grand Junction
Intermountain Rural Electric Association, Sedalia
jetCenters of Colorado, Englewood
LEI Companies, Inc., Denver
Lakewood Electric Company Inc., Littleton
Log Hill Mesa Fire Protection District*, Montrose
McClary Farms, Inc.*, Sedgwick
Mech One, Inc.*, Colorado Springs
MK Hydrovac, Inc., Parachute
Northern Water, Berthoud
Party Time Rental, Englewood
Peak Petroleum Testing Services, Inc.*, Denver
Pikes Peak Steel, LLC*, Colorado Springs
Piper Communication Services, Inc.*, Arvada
PNCI Construction, Inc., Grand Junction
Premier Fire Protection, Inc.*, Loveland
Quality Concepts Manufacturing, Inc., Colorado Springs
Regional Home Visitation Program*, Yuma
Rich & Cartmill Insurance of Colorado, LLC*, Greeley
Rocky Mountain CFC Equipment Service, Inc.*, Denver
Save Our Youth*, Denver
Scudder Press, Inc.*, Thornton
Columbine Label Company, Inc.
The Landscape Workshop, Inc.*, Carbondale
TLC Pipeline Construction, Parachute
Ultimate Heating & Cooling, Inc., Commerce City
Y-W Electric Association, Inc.*, Akron
Woodworks Millshop, Colorado Springs
* Multiple Year Winners
About Pinnacol Assurance
Pinnacol Assurance is Colorado’s leading provider of workers’ compensation insurance. Pinnacol provides comprehensive, competitively priced coverage; immediate attention to claims; a highly qualified network of medical providers; and proactive safety programs to more than 55,000 Colorado businesses. Annually, Pinnacol supports nearly $500 million of Colorado’s economic activity, spends over 35,000 hours keeping Colorado worksites safe and provides compassionate care to over 40,000 Coloradans injured on the job.