Forty-two Colorado Employers Earn Pinnacol’s Circle of Safety Award
DENVER, Oct. 26, 2017 – Pinnacol Assurance, Colorado’s leading workers’ compensation insurer, is honoring policyholders with its Circle of Safety Award for the tenth year in a row. Forty-two Colorado employers earned the award for their exemplary performance in safety, risk control, and financial and claims management.
“This year’s Circle of Safety winners recognize that workplace safety is about much more than checking some boxes,” said Phil Kalin, Pinnacol’s president and CEO. “These employers are creating a safety culture that permeates everything they do, and the result is a healthier, more productive workforce.”
“It’s also important to note that the majority of these businesses are in high-risk industries such as construction, manufacturing and health care,” Kalin went on to say. “It’s especially important that businesses whose employees face some of the potentially riskiest workplace conditions put so much focus on eliminating and managing those dangers.”
The Circle of Safety Award was created with the understanding that exceptional risk management is the result of a circle of many people working together. From top management and frontline employees to Pinnacol representatives and the policyholders’ agents, everyone plays a role in making Colorado workplaces safer. These Circle of Safety winners embrace risk management and get their employees home safe every day.
Pinnacol policyholders were eligible to receive the Circle of Safety Award if they met the following criteria:
- Pinnacol policyholder for at least four consecutive years.
- Experience modification rate (the employer’s claims costs compared with the industry average) of .85 or less in the current policy period.
- Combined four-year loss ratio (claims paid by Pinnacol divided by the premium paid by the employer) of less than or equal to 35 percent.
- 80 percent or more of all claims reported within 48 hours over the past four years.
- Two or fewer notices of cancellation each year – When employers pay their bill late or not at all, they and their employees can be at risk.
- No non-compliant audits – When employers do not complete their audit correctly or at all, they are at risk of paying too much or too little for their workers’ compensation coverage.
- Currently hold the State of Colorado’s Cost Containment Certification, which helps employers prevent workplace injuries and control insurance related costs
- No fatalities.
- Pinnacol-approved return-to-work program – These programs help get injured employees back to work as safely and quickly as possible.
Circle of Safety 2017 Award Winners
ACA Products*, Buena Vista
Accent Electrical Services*, Broomfield
Adcon Signs*, Fort Collins
Alert Traffic Control, Inc.*, Bayfield
Arapahoe Basin Ski Area, Dillon
Aspen Falls Custom Design & Landscape, Centennial
Bolton Construction, LLC*, Meeker
Boulder Scientific Company, Mead
Coblaco Services, Inc.*, Henderson
Colorado Springs Housing Authority, Colorado Springs
Curbside Recycling Indefinitely, Inc.*, Grand Junction
Double M Concrete LLC*, Woodland Park
Dynamic Dimensions, Inc. (DDI), Burlington
Enstrom Candies, Grand Junction
Fiske Electric, Johnstown
Fox Construction, Inc.*, Steamboat Springs
Fransen Pittman General Contractors, Englewood
Frazee Construction Co., Colorado Springs
Frederick-Firestone Fire Protection District*, Frederick
Go Alpine*, Steamboat Springs
Hastings Brothers Construction, Inc., Sedalia
HLCC Construction Company*, Steamboat Springs
Holly Heights Nursing Center*, Denver
HRL Compliance Solutions, Inc.*, Grand Junction
JDS Electric, LLC, Gillette, WY
JetCenters of Colorado*, Englewood
JFMT Automotive Group LLC/EP Blazer LLC/EP Bulldog LLC
Lefever Building Systems, Commerce City
LT Environmental, Inc., Arvada
Mark Young Construction, Frederick
Munro Companies, Inc., Grand Junction
Muscanell Millworks, Cortez
Pikes Peak Steel, LLC*, Colorado Springs
Piper Communication Services, Inc.*, Arvada
PNCI Construction, Inc.*, Grand Junction
Pure Water Dynamics, Inc., Denver
RLW Sand Storage LLC, Denver
Samuel Engineering, Inc., Englewood
Ski Cooper, Leadville
Spriggs Excavation, Inc., Durango
The Columbine Label Company*, Englewood
Y-W Electric Association, Inc.*, Akron
* Multiple Year Winners