Pinnacol is expanding our Other States Coverage (OSC) program
As a result of a successful six-month pilot program we conducted with some of our agent partners, Pinnacol is expanding our OSC program. To ensure focus and concentrated expertise, we consolidated part of our OSC book to a few underwriters during the pilot, and the feedback from agents was very positive. Here’s what we learned from our pilot agents:
- 90 percent said our OSC appetite seems broader than in the past.
- 95 percent said they experienced a smooth process.
- 95 percent said the quote turnaround time was what they needed.
- And 88 percent said Pinnacol did a good job of providing a clear explanation of declinations.
Pinnacol’s vision for our OSC program is to attract and retain Colorado customers and to provide them with sustainable coverage solutions. To support that vision, we want to look for a way to say yes, responsibly, to our customers.
As we work to expand our OSC program, we have taken what we learned from the pilot and consolidated our OSC book with nine underwriters — one for each of our nine business teams.
To ensure all our agent partners understand how Pinnacol’s expanded OSC program works, our agency relationship managers will be contacting our agency partners with more specific information. They’ll share:
- Names and contact information for the agency’s Pinnacol OSC team.
- The OSC referral process for agents.
- Pinnacol’s OSC appetite.
- Answers to frequently asked questions.
- OSC exposures outside Pinnacol’s underwriting appetite.
Look for information about our expanded OSC program, which will be coming your way soon from your Pinnacol agency relationship manager. In the meantime, feel free to reach out to him or her with any questions or for additional information.