Use of interpretation services
Effective Sept. 1, Pinnacol will implement procedures to meet contract obligations and the Division of Workers’ Compensation requirements for scheduling interpretation services for Pinnacol’s injured workers. These procedures comply with 2019 DOWC Rule 18-6(Q).
Pinnacol Assurance is committed to aligning all parties to provide uninterrupted, quality service for our non-English-speaking injured workers.
The following are the guidelines to ensure quality care.
- Interpretation must be authorized for patients during office visits, diagnostics, injections, therapy and psychological services.
- The treating provider will call Pinnacol for authorization for interpretation services.
- Pinnacol will determine whether the requested provider is contracted with Pinnacol. If contracted, the request will be approved. If the vendor is not contracted, Pinnacol claims reps will refer the requester to the list of approved, contracted providers.
- Pinnacol may change the interpretation vendor at any time during the life of the claim — with or without cause — after notifying the current vendor and the primary care provider.
- If issues arise in the process of assigning an interpreter or with the services provided by an interpreter, please contact the Pinnacol claims representative immediately.
Pinnacol does not intend to direct the type or duration of medical treatment that may be prescribed. Prescribing providers must exercise independent medical judgment in these matters.
If you have any questions or need additional information, please contact Pinnacol Assurance at firstname.lastname@example.org or 303.361.4945.