Not only does it cost money, it takes away attention from those who need it most
Online: Report fraud
Phone: (303) 361-4000 or (800) 873-7242
Our Special Investigations Unit (SIU) saves policyholders millions of dollars in questionable claims costs each year by investigating injured workers, employers and medical providers suspected of workers' compensation fraud.
Fraud can happen anytime and anywhere. Here are a few things to look for*:
- A new employee files a claim
- An injured worker hires an attorney the day of the accident
- The accident story changes often
- There is a long delay between the accident and the filing of the claim
- The claim coincides with a layoff or termination
*It should be noted that the above could occur in the normal course of business and may not necessarily be an indicator of fraud.
If you hire subcontractors, make sure their certificate of insurance is valid. The best way to do this is to get it directly from the issuer — which could be us, one of our affiliated insurance agents or another carrier.