Do you make Pinnacol policy payments through sites like Doxo.com? If so, you should be aware of a few challenges that may arise when you use this service or other bill-paying services like it.
What is Doxo.com?
Doxo is a third-party bill payment service that acts as a middleman in the bill-paying process. Doxo customers submit payments through Doxo.com. Doxo then issues checks on behalf of its customers. Doxo is a legitimate payment site unaffiliated with Pinnacol and there may be others like it.
If you use Doxo or other bill payment services, please keep in mind the following:
- Since these payments are not made directly with Pinnacol, it can take days for the money you submit online to reach us through the mail. This processing time may cause a delay in payments, resulting in fees and accounts going into pending cancellation status.
- For accounts that are already late or pending cancellation, using Doxo or other payment services may result in a late fee or cancellation notice because of the gap between making a payment online and when Pinnacol receives the check.
- Accounts pending cancellation may need to make a second, direct payment to Pinnacol to avoid termination because the payment may still be in transit.
- Doxo charges a fee for its services, which you submit when you pay the bill. Other services may charge a fee as well.
As an alternative, consider using the Pinnacol Policyholder Portal instead
We know you're busy and we want to provide a quick and easy alternative for you to pay your bill. That’s why we offer the Policyholder Portal, where you can pay your bill and manage your policy in just a few clicks.
- The Policyholder Portal is secure — your payments and your information are safe with us.
- Credit card payments post immediately, and EFT payments post by the following business day.
- There is no fee for making your payment online in the Policyholder Portal.
- You can set up recurring payments, manage your audit and view your deductible and claims history in the portal.
For help registering for the Pinnacol Policyholder Portal, our Customer Experience team is here to help. Please call us at 303.361.4000, and we will be happy to walk you through the process.
Pinnacol Assurance assumes no responsibility for management or control of customer safety activities. Please ensure your business meets the requirements of all federal, state, and local laws, regulations, or ordinances related to workplace safety.