Recognition lists Pinnacol among top 2% of P&C insurers
DENVER — July 13, 2022 — For the fifth consecutive year, Pinnacol was included on Ward's 50® list of best-performing property and casualty insurance companies in the United States, selected by benchmarking analysts at Aon. The annual list is based on superior financial performance over the past five years.
The award also places Pinnacol in the top 2% of the nearly 2,900 property and casualty (P&C) insurance carriers Aon evaluated. Companies that appear on the annual list are considered national leaders in insurance, and the 2022 list names Pinnacol alongside large insurers such as Travelers, The Hartford and Allstate.
Companies on the list outperform the industry in five key factors:
- Financial stability.
- Revenue growth.
- Capital/surplus positions.
- Underwriting results.
- Financial returns.
To be eligible for Ward’s 50, each company must first pass primary safety and consistency tests, including:
- Surplus and premiums of at least $50 million for each of the five years analyzed.
- Net income in at least four of the past five years.
- Compound annual growth in premiums between -10% and +40%.
Each company that passes those tests is then measured and scored on the following elements:
- Five-year average return on average equity.
- Five-year average return on average assets.
- Five-year average return on total revenue.
- Five-year growth in surplus.
- Five-year average combined ratio.
“Our commitment to the businesses and workers of Colorado, coupled with the strong and disciplined stewardship of our policyholders’ premium, help keep Pinnacol stable today and for the future,” said John O’Donnell, Pinnacol president and CEO. “This honor is another indicator that Pinnacol is poised for continued success.”