Forty-two policyholders win Circle of Safety Award
We’re excited to announce 2017 winners of Pinnacol’s Circle of Safety Award, now in its 10th consecutive year. Forty-two Colorado employers earned the award for their exemplary performance in safety, risk control, and financial and claims management.
“This year’s Circle of Safety winners recognize that workplace safety is about much more than checking some boxes,” said Phil Kalin, Pinnacol’s president and CEO. “These employers are creating a safety culture that permeates everything they do, and the result is a healthier, more productive workforce.”
The Circle of Safety Award was so named because exceptional risk management is the result of a circle of many people working together. From top management and frontline employees to Pinnacol representatives and the policyholders’ agents, we all play a role in making Colorado workplaces safer. These Circle of Safety winners embrace risk management and get their employees home safely every day.
Less than 1 percent of our 57,000 policyholders meet the criteria for this award, Kalin noted, so winners are “an elite group of organizations whose commitment to safety and sound risk management practices raises the bar for everyone.”
- Pinnacol policyholders were eligible to receive the Circle of Safety Award if they met the following criteria:
- Pinnacol policyholder for at least four consecutive years.
- Experience modification rate (the employer’s claims costs compared with the industry average) of .85 or less in the current policy period.
- Combined four-year loss ratio (claims costs paid by Pinnacol divided by the premiums paid by the employer) of less than or equal to 35 percent.
- 80 percent or more of all claims reported within 48 hours over the past four years.
- Two or fewer notices of cancellation each year — when employers pay their bill late or not at all, they and their employees can be at risk.
- No noncompliant audits — when employers do not complete their audit correctly or at all, they are at risk of paying too much or too little for their workers’ compensation coverage.
- Currently hold the State of Colorado’s Cost Containment Certification, which helps employers prevent workplace injuries and control insurance-related costs.
- No fatalities.
- Pinnacol-approved return to work program — these programs get injured employees back to work as safely and quickly as possible.
2017 Circle of Safety Award winners
ACA Products,* Buena Vista
Accent Electrical Services,* Broomfield
Adcon Signs,* Fort Collins
Alert Traffic Control Inc.,* Bayfield
Arapahoe Basin Ski Area, Dillon
Aspen Falls Custom Design & Landscape, Centennial
Bolton Construction LLC,* Meeker
Boulder Scientific Company, Mead
Coblaco Services Inc.,* Henderson
Colorado Springs Housing Authority, Colorado Springs
Curbside Recycling Indefinitely Inc.,* Grand Junction
Double M Concrete LLC,* Woodland Park
Dynamic Dimensions Inc., Burlington
Enstrom Candies, Grand Junction
Fiske Electric, Johnstown
Fox Construction Inc.,* Steamboat Springs
Fransen Pittman General Contractors, Englewood
Frazee Construction Co., Colorado Springs
Frederick-Firestone Fire Protection District,* Frederick
Go Alpine*, Steamboat Springs
Hastings Brothers Construction Inc., Sedalia
HLCC Construction Company,* Steamboat Springs
Holly Heights Nursing Center,* Denver
HRL Compliance Solutions Inc.,* Grand Junction
JDS Electric LLC, Gillette, WY
JetCenters of Colorado,* Englewood
JFMT Automotive Group LLC/EP Blazer LLC/EP Bulldog LLC
Lefever Building Systems, Commerce City
LT Environmental Inc., Arvada
Mark Young Construction, Frederick
Munro Companies Inc., Grand Junction
Muscanell Millworks, Cortez
Pikes Peak Steel LLC,* Colorado Springs
Piper Communication Services Inc.,* Arvada
PNCI Construction Inc.,* Grand Junction
Pure Water Dynamics Inc., Denver
RLW Sand Storage LLC, Denver
Samuel Engineering Inc., Englewood
Ski Cooper, Leadville
Spriggs Excavation Inc., Durango
The Columbine Label Company,* Englewood
Y-W Electric Association Inc.,* Akron
Pinnacol announced 2017 Circle of Safety Award winners in a press release on Oct. 26. These organizations will see congratulatory ads from Pinnacol this month in their local news publications.